Expressions of Interest - Trainee Youth Worker, Kalgoorlie
Due to the recent successful grant application from the Federal government for the Safe Space Program, The Kalgoorlie PCYC is seeking an Expression of Interest for the near future, to hire passionate and dedicated Trainee Youth Workers (Casual) and at least 1 trainee who identifies as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
About the WA PCYC:
Established in Western Australia in 1941, The Federation of Western Australian Police and Community Youth Centres (WA PCYC) is a not-for-profit organisation that creates opportunities for young people through the delivery of two broad youth services: development (intervention) programs and recreational activities. We manage in excess of 50 PCYC Centres, Blue Light and Police Ranger Units throughout metropolitan and regional Western Australia, as well as a camp facility.
These positions will involve helping to run the Safe Space at Kalgoorlie PCYC. These programs are designed to provide a safe place for at risk youth to be, and to provide them with help and support to overcome some of the challenges they may face in their lives.
With the supervision of a Case Manager and Youth Worker, you will be required to assist at risk youth through engaging with and providing assertive and intensive support to the youth who may have mental health illnesses or issues. This position will require you to display a capacity to engage with and empower at risk youth. For this position, you will be required to be available evenings and occasional late nights from Wednesday through to Saturday.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Encourage and facilitate the engagement of participants on our programs and accessing them to other available community services
- Build and establish a rapport with our participants and provide appropriate referral when needed
- Assist in the monitoring and development of programs on an ongoing basis.
- Be required to be available evenings and occasional late nights from Wednesday through to Saturday.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience working with and engaging at risk youth.
- Certificate IV in Youth Work or Community Services and/or extensive work related experience
- Ability to develop and facilitate social, recreation activity programs which proactively ‘engage’ young people
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A valid C Class Manual driving license (a LR license would be a definite advantage).
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate (a willingness to obtain)
- Working with Children Check (ability to obtain)
- National Police Clearance (ability to obtain)
- Employer contributed superannuation into a fund of your choice
- Access to discounted Corporate Health Insurance
- Professional development opportunities
- Flexible working arrangement
- Flexible leave arrangement
How to apply:
To apply for this role please complete the below application form. For further information please contact the HR team on firstname.lastname@example.org or (08) 9277 4388
Applications close COB Friday 25th of May 2018
We are not accepting agency applications at this time.
We are seeking to increase the diversity of our workforce to better meet the differing needs of our clients and to improve equal opportunity outcomes for our employees. Candidates who are from diverse backgrounds, disabilities, ages and those who identify as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander are strongly encouraged to apply.
WA PCYC reserves the right to close applications early should a suitable candidate be found prior.