Expressions of Interest - Case Manager, Kalgoorlie
Due to the recent successful grant application from the Federal government, The Kalgoorlie PCYC is seeking an Expression of Interest for the near future to hire a passionate and dedicated Case Manager (FT) to work on a full-time basis for their Safe Space program.
Who We Are:
Established in Western Australia in 1941, The Federation of Western Australian Police and Community Youth Centres (WA PCYC) is a not-for-profit organisation that creates opportunities for young people through the delivery of two broad youth services: development (intervention) programs and recreational activities. We manage in excess of 50 PCYC Centres and Blue Light Units throughout metropolitan and regional Western Australia, as well as one camp facility.
The Safe Space program offers regular “drop in” sessions or provides a place where youth can “hang out” after school and on weekends. The aim is to provide a safe place for young people, increase relationship between youth and community along with decreasing anti-social behaviour and to provide them with the support to overcome some of the challenges they may face in their lives.
The primary purpose of this position is to co-ordinate the Safe Space Program by offering Case Management and support to the youth at risk to achieve their individual goals. The Case Manager aims to assist at risk youth by engaging with and providing assertive and intensive psychosocial outreach support to people who have mental health illnesses or issues; may be homeless, have complex needs and drug/alcohol issues. This position will require you to demonstrate a capacity to engage with and empower at risk youth to achieve their own goals within a structured individual recovery plan. For this position, you will be required to be available evenings and occasional late nights from Wednesday through to Saturday.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Provide youth work support for program participants including informal counselling and making referrals both internally and to other community agencies as required.
- Engage with families, children and young people and providing case management and assessment with the aim of minimising risk and maintain the child within the family network
- Conduct case work and provide counselling, group work and therapeutic interventions
- Identify strengths as well as areas of risk and developing and monitoring case plans
- Develop and facilitate social, recreation activity programs which proactively ‘engage’ young people in an outreach setting.
- Research and monitor young people’s needs to inform planning of new activity programs
- Conduct case work with identified young people
- Consider creative solutions to complex barriers impacting on the youth we support, while working to the values of the organisation.
- Coordinate delivery of Safe Space program in accordance with program plan and funding body
- Be available for the evenings and occasional late nights from Wednesday through to Saturday.
- Qualification or currently working towards (minimum Certificate IV) in youth work, social work, community development / welfare, human services or related discipline
- Proven experience in program/project coordination
- Proven experience to develop programs for positive youth engagement
- Demonstrated effectiveness as a team member and contributor to team outcomes
- Experience in report writing and prepare case notes
- Experience and knowledge of case management
- Current Senior First Aid certificate (or willingness to obtain)
- Current WA Police Clearance (or willingness to obtain)
- Current Working with Children Check (or willingness to obtain)
- Remuneration $60,000 - $65,000 PA plus superannuation
- Access to discounted Corporate Health Insurance
- Access to generous salary packaging arrangements
- Professional development opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements
- Flexible leave arrangements
How to apply:
To apply for this role please complete the below application form. For further information please contact the HR team on email@example.com or (08) 9277 4388
Applications close COB Friday 1st of June 2018
We are not accepting agency applications at this time.
We are seeking to increase the diversity of our workforce to better meet the differing needs of our clients and to improve equal opportunity outcomes for our employees. Candidates who are from diverse backgrounds, disabilities, ages and those who identify as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander are strongly encouraged to apply.
WA PCYC reserves the right to close applications early should a suitable candidate be found prior.