The Federation of WA PCYC is seeking a Trainer’s Assistant to work on a causal basis and assist in the delivery of their Certificate I in Leadership Program at Kensington PCYC.
Who We Are:
Established in Western Australia in 1941, The Federation of Western Australian Police and Community Youth Centres (WA PCYC) is a not-for-profit organisation that creates opportunities for young people through the delivery of two broad youth services: development (intervention) programs and recreational activities. We manage in excess of 50 PCYC Centres and Blue Light Units throughout metropolitan and regional Western Australia, as well as a camp facility.
The Trainer’s Assistant is responsible for providing support to the Program Trainer and assist in providing standard/specialised teaching and technical training, as part of the Centre’s Certificate I in Leadership. The successful applicant will be also be responsible for assisting in administrative and clerical duties for the training course at the Centre, supervision of a group of youth whilst also assisting them throughout the Leadership program, and being responsible for session setup and pack down.
- You will have a qualification (at least to Certificate III) in youth work, community development / welfare, human services or related discipline and/or significant work experience in youth work
- To have completed Year 12 or have an equivalent combination of relevant experience / training
- A trade qualification or experience. (desirable)
- Will have a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (desirable)
- Strong administration and computer literacy skills, with a range of computer applications including Microsoft Office
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Experience and confidence in working with young people from culturally diverse backgrounds
- L/R or H/R Driver’s License (desirable)
- Employer contributed superannuation into a fund of your choice.
- Professional development opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements
- Flexible leave arrangements
If you are interested in this position please apply via the below application form.
For further information please contact the HR team at email@example.com or (08) 9277 4388
Applications Close COB 28 March 2018.
We are not accepting agency applications at this time.
WA PCYC reserves the right to close applications early should a suitable candidate be found prior.