The Federation of WA PCYC is seeking a casual Dance Coach to join the Midland PCYC team and provide expertise in the areas of dance such as hip-hop for the Tiny Tots class.
Who we are:
Established in Western Australia in 1941, The Federation of Western Australian Police and Community Youth Centres (WA PCYC) is a not-for-profit organisation that creates opportunities for young people through the delivery of two broad youth services: development (intervention) programs and recreational activities. We manage in excess of 50 PCYC Centres and Blue Light Units throughout metropolitan and regional Western Australia, as well as two camp facilities.
PCYC is seeking a casual Dance Coach to join the Midland PCYC team and provide expertise in the areas of dance such as hip-hop for our Tiny Tots class. This position will require the dance coach to also incorporate motor skill development throughout the dance classes. The successful applicant must be available for day shifts and evening shifts on the negotiated day of classes. We are looking for the Dance Coach to establish and instruct fun, interactive dance classes four our youth and incorporate motor skill development throughout the class.
In this role you will responsible for:
- Plan and Deliver dance sessions to students
- Incorporate Motor skills development
- Explaining and demonstrating dance techniques and methods.
- Choreographing and directing dance performances.
To be successful in this role:
- Experience in hip –hop, jazz, ballet or tap dance and other related styles
- Experience in choreographing Dance Productions with variety of dance techniques including show, street and physical theatre
- Experience in motor skill development
- Experience of working with young people in a teaching environment
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Hold( or willing to obtain ) a current National Police Clearance and Working With Children Check
- First Aid Certificate (Desired but not essential)
- Competitive hourly rates
- Professional Development opportunities
- Flexible Working arrangements
- Flexible leave arrangements
If you are interested in this position please apply via the below application form.
For further information please contact the HR team on email@example.com or (08) 9277 4388
Applications close COB 27th February 2018
We are not accepting agency applications at this time.
WA PCYC reserves the right to close applications early should a suitable candidate be found prior.